Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Orange Glazed Carrots

I need to cook more. I did for a little bit, but that faded away for some reason or another.


I made orange glazed carrots. It's kind of a cop out because it was so easy to make. My mom sent me home this weekend with a pound of carrots. It sounds like a lot, but it's really just a regular bag of carrots (6-7 normal size carrots). The recipe calls for baby carrots and brown sugar, neither of which I had. But, it's an easy fix. Baby carrots are just cut up regular carrots, and brown sugar is just mapalized sugar (ie, add maple syrup to the sugar). [Edit: Turns out it's actually molasses and sugar, but close enough]

What I liked most about this recipe was its simplicity. Though, I am slightly ashamed to admit that this was the first time I cut carrots at an angle or even cooked them as their own dish for that matter.

Recipe here.

No comments: