Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Adjusting

So, now I'm in Rockville. It's a bit of an adjustment from Arlington and it's not just because I'm living at home now. (My parents are actually pretty low-key and my dad's only advice to me before I go out for the night is to make sure I eat some carbs/protein before I drink.) It's the commute that's killing me. What used to be a 5 minute walk to the Metro and a 20 minute Metro ride is now a 20 minute drive to the Metro and a 50 minute Metro ride (if I'm lucky and there are no delays). The fact that my parents on occasion will drop me off and pick me up from the Metro is the only reason that I'm not being price-gouged. But it makes it a bit harder to do things spur of the moment (re: it's not possible). It's not so much of a problem since I'm a planner, but sometimes it's sad.

No comments: