Thursday, April 7, 2011

It Might Get Loud

The thrill was just being able to do it, even if you did it badly. -The Edge

Sometimes I consider being like the White Stripes and filling my wardrobe with only three colors.

I think that when you listen to someone talk about something they really, really love, you can't help but fall in love with it a little bit too.

I want Jimmy Page's record collection.

How is Jack White so pale?

Jimmy Page planned to be a biologist and then an artist. And now he's Jimmy Page.

The Edge wrote "Sunday Bloody Sunday"? It's strange to see him with a braid of hair down his back in the old concert clips.

There are some songs by Led Zeppelin that just haunt you. Every so often I get the urge to put on a Led Zeppelin record and just lay on my bed with my feet dangling off the edge listening. Still, even as an adult.

I vaguely remember when Jack White started working with Loretta Lynn, but when did he go all Americana?

I like the style of this doc, and how the director spent time with each guitar player but also looped all the similar things together. I enjoyed the animated pieces, as well as Jack White talking to his nine-year-old self (in addition to putting him in the trunk of the car at the end and taking his younger version with him wherever he goes).  But I wonder how much of this doc made itself. I mean, you've got The Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White. You can't go wrong. Especially when you have them jamming together.

The closing version over the credits of "Take a Load Off Annie" makes me appreciate Jack White's vocal talent.

No comments: